WHAT IS GIGUP TRI-COUNTY?
- GigUP Tri-County is a Home Telecom Fiber expansion project designed to connect Businesses and residents to more than 98,000 miles of gigabit-ready Fiber optic infrastructure already in place.
- Through various phases over time, Home Telecom’s Fiber network will continue to expand and support the economic development of the Tri-County area.
WHY SHOULD I SWITCH TO HOME TELECOM? MY CURRENT SERVICE PROVIDER IS OK.
- We believe that no residence should have to settle for an “OK” service or customer service experience. Home Telecom is a trusted, local company with more than 115 years of telecommunications experience. We strive every day to exceed our customer service expectations with an easy-to-do-business-with attitude. We hold ourselves and the services we provide to the highest standard. With a fully redundant, 100% Fiber backbone, we are able to deliver symmetrical internet speeds up to 1 Gig. Unlike some other providers, we carry this Fiber all the way directly into your home.
WHAT IS GIGABIT INTERNET?
- Gigabit Internet is 1000 megabits per second (Mbps). Studies have shown that the average residential Internet connection in the United States is about 25 Mbps, so Gigabit Internet is approximately 40 times faster than the average U.S. connection.
HOW DOES GIGABIT FIBER INTERNET HELP THE TRI-COUNTY AREA?
- A strong telecommunications network is a top economic development recruiting tool. Home Telecom has been a provider of Fiber services since 2004. That knowledge and ability to maintain a robust fiber network is extremely beneficial to any residence that values reliable telecommunication services.
- GigUP Tri-County will help attract industries that demand the highest performance from their internet, and showcase the Lowcountry as a top choice for businesses and consumers to relocate.
WHERE IS GIGABIT INTERNET AVAILABLE TODAY?
Fiber is the technology that powers Gigabit Internet. To date:
- Our robust, 100% fully redundant Fiber backbone is the technology that powers gigabit internet.
- To date, Home Telecom is capable of serving more than 9,000 businesses and 76,000 residents.
- To request that fiber be brought to your area, simply follow the instructions to submit your interest form located here.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GIGABIT INTERNET?
Gigabit internet provides many distinct advantages for residences including:
- Zero Buffering
- Symmetrical speed – super fast download and upload speeds
- The ability to stream OTT TV service, music and movies on multiple devices at the same time
- Low latency and ping speeds providing a superior on-line gaming experience with a competitive advantage
- Improved capabilities for rapid response during crisis or disaster situations
- Easy remote maintenance
WHAT IF I LIVE IN A NEIGHBORHOOD AND WANT TO ACCESS HOME TELECOM FIBER?
- We are now considering serving Residential areas if there is enough interest. Simply go to https://giguptricounty.com/signup/ and use our residential interest form to show your interest. Ask your neighbors to do the same to increase the possibility that we will bring Fiber to your neighborhood.