- GigUP Tri-County is a Home Telecom Fiber expansion project designed to connect businesses and eventually residents to more than 98,000 miles of gigabit-ready Fiber optic infrastructure already in place.
- Through various phases over time, Home Telecom’s Fiber network will continue to expand and support the economic development of the Tri-County area.
- We believe that no business should have to settle for an “OK” service or customer service experience. Home Telecom is a trusted, local company with more than 115 years of telecommunications experience. We strive every day to exceed our customer service expectations with an easy-to-do-business-with attitude. We hold ourselves and the services we provide to the highest standard. With a fully redundant, 100% Fiber backbone, we are able to deliver symmetrical internet speeds up to 1 Gig. Unlike some other providers, we carry this Fiber all the way directly into your business. This future-proof technology positions your business to be ready for whatever lies ahead.
- Gigabit Internet is 1000 megabits per second (Mbps). Studies have shown that the average residential Internet connection in the United States is about 25 Mbps, so Gigabit Internet is approximately 40 times faster than the average U.S. connection.
- A strong telecommunications network is a top economic development recruiting tool. Home Telecom has been a provider of Fiber services since 2004. That knowledge and ability to maintain a robust fiber network is extremely beneficial to any business who values reliable telecommunication services.
- GigUP Tri-County will help attract industries that demand the highest performance from their internet, and showcase the Lowcountry as a top choice for businesses and consumers to relocate.
Fiber is the technology that powers Gigabit Internet. To date:
- Our robust, 100% fully redundant Fiber backbone is the technology that powers gigabit internet.
- To date, Home Telecom is capable of serving more than 9,000 businesses and 76,000 residents.
- To request that fiber be brought to your area, simply follow the instructions to submit your interest form located here.
- Improved, faster online experience for multiple users and devices connected to the same network
- Improved business communications and workplace efficiency
- Symmetrical speed – download and upload large files with ease
- The ability to send larger files online- critical in a business environment
- Efficient teleconferencing without lag
- Improved capabilities for rapid response during crisis or disaster situations
- Ability to compete in a global economy in real time
- Home Telecom recognizes that the economic development of the Tri-County area is largely determined by how efficient businesses and government agencies can conduct business. By providing Fiber powered services to businesses first, Home Telecom is investing in the sustainability and growth of the area.
That is wonderful news! Though our initial focus is on the business development of an area, we will consider serving Residential areas if there is enough interest. Simply go to https://giguptricounty.com/signup/ and use our residential interest form to show your interest. Ask your neighbors to do the same to increase the possibility that we will bring Fiber to your neighborhood.